Friday, July 17, 2009

4th of July




4th of July was celebrated as usual with the families from Pathway Bible Church at Heritage Park. Just like all Santa Clarita days in July it was HOT, but this year was at least bearable (approx. 100F degrees). This year, Kari celebrated her first 4th of July as a US Citizen, but I think she was mostly interested in the bag of Chexmix someone brought. She wasn't keen at all about getting her face painted - it took me about five tries to get a decent looking star on her cheek. Micaiah, of course celebrated by getting himself into a water-fight and ended up completely drenched, which he loved. That evening, the 3 older kids and Mike climbed the hill and stayed to watch the nearby fireworks, but I got smart (and I was still weak from morning sickness) and took Kari home early for a bath and bedtime. I forgot my camera at home that day, but thankfully my sister brought her new fancy Nikon to take picts. Thanks Cheryl!

2 comments:

Emily said...

That looks so fun. What a great church family you are at Pathway. The face drawings are great but I'd have to say Micaiah in the bucket...LOL...too funny. BTW, yay to Cheryl on her new Nikon...hope she has fun with it.

Natalie said...

Wow, what a hot day!!! I am glad the kids enjoyed it so much. Sorry to hear you were dealing with sickness!!! Now that we are in Russia we can really keep in touch : )!!! I know what you meant with the comment you left on FB! Thankfully here we have high speed internet so I am a lot better at keeping up with my blog, FB, and my friend's blogs!!!!