Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Blueberries!


Our family loves three day weekends. With Mike working full-time at his secular job and being involved with ministry part-time and on the weekends, having an extra Monday for a family day together is a special treat. This Memorial Day we headed out to Underwood Family Farms to do some blueberry picking. The kids picked about 5 or 6 pounds of blueberries and had a great time feeding all the farm animals. Kari was especially taken by the goats and couldn't get enough of hand feeding them. The kids like fresh blueberries, but I still have to figure out what we're going to do with some of them - maybe blueberry jam? blueberry scones? blueberry pancakes?

4 comments:

cheryl said...

Ha, nice one of Micaiah eating pizza.

Natalie said...

Blueberry scones sound yummy!!!

Emily said...

How fun. I remember picking blueberries when I was younger too and George is always talking about apple picking when he grew up. We haven't done it with our kids yet. Hopefully soon. You reminded me how much fun it is. So glad Mike got to enjoy this 3 day weekend with the family. That is a blessing.

Kempiz said...

I'm so glad that you had such a fun day together! I know what you mean about having that special time as a family. I am really looking forward to getting away when Kempiz comes home from Peru.