Thursday, January 22, 2009

Her Children Rise Up and Bless Her


Yesterday was Gigi's (Kris's mom) birthday. She's been known as "Gigi" ever since Micaiah gave her the name when he was learning to talk and couldn't pronounce the name "Grammy". Now she's fondly called Gigi by all four of our children AND all the kids at Pathway Bible Church too :). The night our family celebrated Gigi's birthday, Mike asked everyone to share something they appreciated about Gigi and this is a bit of what was shared:

  • Kari - Gigi changes my diaper and will do anything to make me smile.
  • Lydia - Gigi plays fairy with me.
  • Mimi - Gigi plays Gecko on my belly (Mimi's likes being tickled!)
  • Micaiah - Gigi spoils us.
  • Cheryl - Mom always thinks of others first.
  • Michael Moore - She's easy to talk to and has so much to share.
  • Kris - Mom has a servant's heart. She has set an example for us in serving others. She's always caring for others.
  • Mike Chau - She's always thinking about us and what we go through.
  • Dad - She completes me. She's everything I am not.
"Her children rise up and bless her;
Her husband also, and he praises her saying:
Many daughters have done nobly, But you excel them all."
Proverbs 31:28-29

Happy Birthday Gigi!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Nice post Kris. I know that your family can say the very same things about you now. You have had a great example.